Nov 15, 2011
With anti-obesity day coming up this month, I couldn’t help but notice the Global health statistics, which blew my mind away.
Here’s a preview of a few figures, as per Continua Health Alliance – Industry Statistics.
• There are more than 1 billion overweight adults worldwide and at least 300 million who are clinically obese. (WHO World Health Report)
• About 21% of coronary heart disease globally is attributable to body mass index (BMI) above 21kg/m2. (WHO World Health Report)
After going through these astounding facts, health and obesity are indeed directly proportional. Staying fit is the quintessence of the day and keeping a regular check on one’s physical wellbeing has become an absolute must.
Country Club presents a plausible cum enjoyable way to make this critical requisite a reality. The facilities provided and the choices given to members for a robust lifestyle are incessant. We believe in a Trinitarian philosophy, where we focus on the body, mind and soul.
THE HEALTH FACTORY AT CC
- State-of-the art gymnasiums
- Health and wellness Spas
- Yoga centers
- Swimming Pools
- Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Massages
- Outdoor and indoor games (Table-tennis, Squash,
Badminton, Basketball, Billiards etc)
- Professional instructors, nutritionists and dietitians
*Make use of the free Gym at CCIL and Stay fit and healthy.
- Underweight = <18.5
- Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
- Overweight = 25–29.9
- Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
|Follow us on Twitter @CountryClub_Ind for more Country Club updates|